Research Infrastructure Utilization Application
This application is intended for principal investigators who are interested in conducting interventional or observational studies using the OneFlorida+ Clinical Research Network’s infrastructure, which includes the practice network and the OneFlorida+ Data Trust, including patient-level data. If you are only interested in cohort discovery that features aggregate patient data or practice demographics and attributes, fill out the Prep-to-Research Application. You can download a sample application to make sure your submission appropriately addresses all fields.
Visit our Funding Citations page to make sure you appropriately cite the OneFlorida+ Clinical Research Network and its associated funding agencies in your grant application.
Please log into the OneFlorida+ Application Portal above to begin or complete your application.
Application Review Criteria
All applications to use the OneFlorida+ Clinical Research Network undergo rigorous review. A research study may be considered to be a OneFlorida+ study if it meets one or more of the following criteria and is reviewed and approved by the OneFlorida+ Executive or Steering Committee:
- Is patient-centered
- Focuses on the scientific mission of OneFlorida+ Clinical Research Network
- Uses one or more health systems that comprise the OneFlorida+ Clinical Research Network, or uses the OneFlorida+ Data Trust and/or the practice-based research network and/or OneFlorida+ infrastructure/resources
Priority will be given to studies that are strong in the following categories:
- Scientific rationale or merit
- Potential for funding
- Novelty/Avoidance of duplication
Application Review Process
- The complete application will be sent to the OneFlorida+ Administrative Director. Please allow at least three weeks for approval and a letter of support after you submit your materials.
- Principal investigators, CDRN directors and/or Data Trust faculty and staff will meet to discuss your study’s unique needs and consortium resources.
- The application will undergo review to establish budget, feasibility assessments, approval letter and scientific review.
- The application will then be sent to the OneFlorida+ Executive Committee for final approval.
- After approval, the Integrated Clinical Research Program Manager and Data Trust Manager will identify your study’s milestones.
- The OneFlorida+ Administrative Director will provide the data package and/or letter of support, as appropriate.
Next Steps After Receiving Funding
Once you receive funding, you should set up a study implementation meeting by sending an email to OneFloridaOperations@health.ufl.edu. At this meeting, you can discuss the various components of your study, budget requirements, timelines, expectations, etc. Please bring an approved protocol and workplan.
We recommend that you request a study implementation meeting within one week of receiving your Notice of Award (NOA) or as soon as start dates are identified, if prior to the NOA, to ensure a timely study launch within the consortium. In addition, the OneFlorida+ Coordinating Center always appreciates interim updates about your funding status to appropriately allocate resources.