Front Door Resources
Finding Diagnosis Codes
http://www.icd9data.com/ (dx codes needed prior to October 2015)
Finding CPT and HCPCS Codes
Finding LOINC Codes
https://search.loinc.org/searchLOINC/ (free registration required)
Finding RXCUI Codes
- Click on RXNav.
- Make sure the drop down option on the search bar is on “String”.
- Enter the drug you’re searching for in the search bar.
- On the Views tab on the side bar, select “Table”
- Copy and Paste into an Excel Spreadsheet and save as a rtf.
Converting RXCUIs to NDCs
- You will need to download the 7zip program: https://www.7-zip.org/download.html.
- Copy and paste the RXcui codes into notepad.
- Save as a txt file.
- Open: https://rxnav.nlm.nih.gov/
- Click on RXmix.
- Under the “BUILD” section, select the function “getNDCs” and click “Add to Workflow”.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the side tab that says “Batch”
- Next, click “Click to load an Input File” and select the txt file you previously saved.
- Enter your email address in the “Email” box.
- Select the Output Format to be “TEXT”.
- Click “Submit Batch”.
- You will receive 2 emails. The second should contain a link to download the file, click the link.
- Save the file as a GZ file.
- Right click over saved GZ file. Scroll over “7zip”.
- Click “Extract Files”. Select a location like your desktop.
- Open the folder and right click only file. Scroll over 7zip and select “Extract Here”.
- Open the folder and then open the text file.
- Copy and paste information into an excel spreadsheet.